Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is it weird that...

.

...when I have a long ride ahead of me, I switch mounts halfway through so that one doesn't get too worn out?

...sometimes as EotS begins, I stop before I jump off the ledge and think, damn this is gonna hurt.

...when I'm on my hunter and jump off a building, I wait for my pet to catch up?

...and that sometimes I'll randomly /pat my pet to make sure he knows he's doing a good job?

...and that I'd rather have my pet AND myself both die from pulling too many mobs rather than me running away from my pet and having just him die?

...sometimes I wish I kept warmer-looking clothes in my inventory for when I'm roaming around in the snow in Northrend?

...I sometimes shift from flight form into elf form, fall for a bit, and then shift back to flight form riiiight before I land, just because it must scare the crap out of Av. Mwuahaha.

God, I'm a horrible person.

I don't know what's worse, DOING that and giggling about it, or thinking that it makes me a bad person after the fact. Hm.

Am I the only one doing these odd things? I mean, it's kind of nuts. My mount obviously doesn't get worn out from a long journey.

But gosh darn it, when Blizzard makes it so that mount speed decreases in a correlation with how long you've been riding on said mount. I WILL BE READY. >.>

.

7 remarks:

Jong said...

"I'd rather have my pet AND myself both die from pulling too many mobs"

No, you're a good person. It's all about honor and teamwork.

Averna said...

Thanks, Jong.


ME + PET BFF 4EVA WOOOO LOLBBQ!!!11

Ben said...

I definitely do the flight form thing. Not so much to frighten anyone, but because its quicker than flying down from high places. I have had some messed up lag kill me a few times tho>.>

Bradley said...

AT first it seems a little weird.

However, I think you have a more honest reaction. Plus I love that you have that connection with your character!

I will randomly pet peoples pets. Especially in PuG raids. Maybe they are doing good or maybe they just died. I don't know why.
But I do get the "good job" feeling... I wonder what they think? The other people, not the pet.

My brother leaves pets by the side of the road like an old tire.

I don't know how we could be related.

I always thought of my character as my avatar. Not as controlling someone else...

Nefernet said...

I often /hug my pet. When he died, when he did a good job (surviving Heigan for example...), when I feel lonely and hardmodes are too hard for my little hunter and I need some confort.

I don't switch mounts, I only got one...

And when my pet dies I go berserk and can do an insame amount of burst dps for a few seconds... Then I /rude the boss corpse mouhahaha... Don't mess with my pet...
See... I'm bad too... :D

Daniel Adler said...

"..I sometimes shift from flight form into elf form, fall for a bit, and then shift back to flight form riiiight before I land"

that is what makes us droods!!
(I do it all the time, when I´m bored waing outside ulduar, or leaving naxx...)

Anonymous said...

I do the birdie plummet too.

All. The. Time.

Atrides noticed it and, in his irrational jealousy over how awesome I am he stood behind me and waited for me to do it then grabbed my shoulders and shook me so I couldn't click my flight form button.

I splatted, he laughed, I then threw things at him and chased him out of the room.

As for the pet hunter thing, I use my pet as a distraction ALL THE TIME. But I make sure he doesn't die, if I run far enough away he'll despawn and I can whistle and there he'll be all safe and sound and we won't be getting chased anymore.