Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ascended is recruiting!

.

Note: as of 7/16/09, we're not recruiting anymore. But I'll keep this post up, for, you know, posterity.

Yup, that's right! My guild, Ascended on the US PvP server Bonechewer (Alliance side), is in need of: 1 melee dps (any class), 1 ranged dps (any class), and 1 healer (any class except resto shammies). We've been consistently finding that we have a couple spots to fill on any given raid night, and we're hoping that some of you readers might be a good fit in one of those spots.

Some notes about our guild:

1. Read our guild charter.

2. and why not our raiding policy, too.

3. We are a 25 man casual raiding guild. We raid twice a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6-9pm server time (which is also pacific time - so if you're on the east coast (like me!), you'd be raiding with us from 9 to midnight). In terms how how much we raid, we are "casual", however, when actually in said raid, we are all expected to bring nothing less than our A-game. This means reading strats beforehand, being on time, having full consumables, being focused, etc. We're not pushing server-firsts, but we do give our all on raid nights. For reference, as of 6/29/09, we've downed all Ulduar bosses except for Gen Vez and Yogg.

Some notes about applying:

1. We take our applications pretty seriously. Take your time with it. Read it over before you post it! =) If you throw something together in 2 minutes and click "post", we're probably going to give it 2 minutes of thought, too. Before denying you, that is. If you obviously don't care about the application process, then we don't care if you've single-handedly downed Yogg-Saron with your leet dipis and haelz and have already crafted three Val'anyrs or whatever. I mean, sure, gear and achievements and raiding experience are nice, but we also like to get a feel of what you're like as a person, and whether you'd be a good fit in Ascended - and putting some time into the app is a good place to start.

2. I'm not actually sure how many applicants we're going to get (could be a lot) - so if you're NOT accepted, please, don't take it personally!

Oh, and after all that seriousfaceness, believe me when I say our guild is a LOT of fun. Really - I swear! ^^

If you feel like you would be a good fit with us, and want to apply, go for it! Apply here.

Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at nerfthisdruid@gmail.com!

.

5 remarks:

coil said...

Ascended's great, 'cept for all the druids.

>.>

Averna said...

Hush, you! Mr. "I'm Ascended's Main Tank Bear"! Next raid, u no can has haels!

<.<

Dan said...

Averna, you know who catches all those MOBs that run for you at the start of each pull, right?

No makey the meat shield upset.

Jong said...

Aw, I wish I were Alliance. Applebough ate my guild and I’m homeless now.

Pookies said...

Good luck with recruiting, Ascended! I had no idea you guys only raid two nights a week!